Sysadmin Sunday 89
Written by David Mytton — Subscribe now.
This is Sysadmin Sunday, a post of interesting links from throughout the previous week.
- New High I/O EC2 Instance Type – hi1.4xlarge – 2 TB of SSD-Backed Storage
- Benchmarking High Performance I/O with SSD for Cassandra on AWS
- HTTPie is a CLI, cURL-like tool for humans
- NoSQL datastore from the NSA
- What PHP 5.5 might look like
- Here’s why we keep getting hacked – clear and present Billabong failures
- Minimize your cloud costs with GLPK and Haskell
- We went down, so we wrote a better pure python memcache client
- HTTP/2 Expression of luke-warm interest: Varnish
- Microsoft changes skype supernodes architecture to support wiretapping
- Oracle Linux: A better alternative to CentOS
- Oracle Spreading FUD about CentOS
- Living with HTTPS