Windows server monitoring v1.0.0 released
After releasing our beta back in April, we’re pleased to announce that we have just released v1.0.0 of the Server Density server monitoring agent for Windows!
We have written our own C# .NET agent for Windows designed to be as easy to use as possible so you can get the data you need via our web UI and API plus alerts by email, SMS and iPhone.
- Runs as a service on your Windows server reporting to us every 60 seconds.
- Graphical installer takes you through the basic configuration (account URL and server key).
- Full alerting capabilities on all metrics.
- Real time data on the dashboard, data graphed by date range and server snapshot to view full process list + resource usage for any point in time.
- Anomaly detection for certain metrics.
- Complete support in our iPhone application, including push notification alerting.
You essentially get all the same features as for our Linux / OS X agent, but on Windows! Pricing is also the same.
As standard, the Windows agent will report back:
- CPU utilisation (%)
- Process count
- Physical memory (used, cached and free)
- Paged memory (used, free)
- Disk usage
- Network traffic
- IIS requests per second
- Microsoft SQL Server
As with the Linux / OS X agent, you can write your own plugins to monitor anything you like. Plugins are written in C# so can make full use of .NET and are compiled so are just as fast as the agent itself.
What OSs does it support?
We support Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008 (all editions including 64 bit). The only requirement is .NET 2.0 SP1 framework or above.
Is the source code available?
Yes, it is accessible on GitHub under the FreeBSD license (how ironic).
Upgrading for beta users
Unfortunately this version includes changes to the updater so you will need to uninstall the current version and then reinstall this version. The download link / instructions are available from the Agent link on the Server list in Server Density. You can also download it here.
Enjoy this post? You may also like Server Density v2 – cloud management, group alerts, new UI and more