Sysadmin Sunday #1
Welcome to the first edition of Sysadmin Sunday. This will be a weekly post of interesting sysadmin related links from the previous week.
- Ubuntu 10.10 has been released, and you can try it for free on Amazon EC2.
- explain xkcd – if you’ve ever not understood an xkcd comic then this site goes into crazy detail for each published image, explaining the concepts and the jokes. Of course, if it has to be explained then maybe xkcd isn’t for you!
- Free public wifi – the story behind that hotspot you see everywhere, but never actually works.
- MongoDB replication internals – the first in a 3 part series on how replication works internally in MongoDB.
- Why does Digg need so many servers?
- Troubles With Sharding – What Can We Learn From The Foursquare Incident? – good coverage of the recent MongoDB issues at Foursquare and how to avoid them.
Enjoy this post? You may also like Sysadmin Sunday 126